Thursday 24 July 2003

Re-Inventing the Opposition

In previous posts, I've bemoaned the parlous state the US Democrats and Australian Labour party have gotten themselves into. Well, at least one person is attempting to do something about it.

Then again, there are some of the comments in one liberal Blog :
I also tend to get confused between homicidal maniac Hussein brothers on the one hand and Republican Bush brothers on the other. They all seem to blend into the same level of evil.
No comment.

Compare and contrast a comment to this post by Sean LaFreniere:
Well Joe, you can count myself as a Liberal happy to see the back of Uday and Qusay.

I am a born and raised Democrat. I switched to the Green Party when I finally realized that the Democrats were owned by the same corp interests as the GOP. But when the Greens came out in support of Terrorists this last year it left me homeless.
That sums up a lot of people's feelings. He goes on, and shows that he and I are of like mind:
I am still very Liberal... I believe that corporations should serve humans, not the other way around. I would protect the environment. And I would pay more to schools than to prisons. I also believe in Evolution and Gravity. I also support separation of church and state. I think this counts me as a Liberal.

But I also support fully our War On Terrorism, especially Afghanistan and Iraq, I believe they are perfect expressions of America's centuries long commitment to Liberalism, in fact.

And I, for one, am THRILLED that two murderous, rapacious, mental cases like Saddam's spawn are gone from the map... course I think they got off a bit too easy considering their past. ;)
Substitute Australia for America of course.

UPDATE : Yet more Homeless Democrats speak out on Michael J. Trotten's blog. Scroll down to Tuesday, July 22, 2003 1:09 AM. Title: "Suicide Watch".

No comments: